Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Stretchy

So yoga. It's awesome. Monday and today we did a lot of Vinyasa yoga, which is the flow yoga. Wonderful bits of stretchy fun. We also did some Pranic (energy) exercises to help calm and ground the mind and body. It was definitely weird at first because I am a pretty pragmatic person for the most part and I think there is a rational explanation for everything that happens in the world. So having to focus my energy and my mind on something i don't necessarily believe in was difficult. However after pushing my thoughts away from the part of me that wanted to make fun of the entire experience it really was very calming and soothing. It was one of the most effective methods I have come across so far to shut down the endless litany that is my brain and reach for a sense of solidarity with my surroundings. Yay for zen Jenn!

No comments:

Post a Comment