Friday, October 8, 2010

Sick face


So I was sick with the flu on Wednesday in yoga. Luckily everyone else in class was wanting a really mellow class so I went and was on my back all class. It was great to stretch my sick and weak muscles. I told Stephanie I was sick before class started and she was so amazing about it. She just said "Listen to your body and take care of it. You can stay in Savasana (corpse pose) all class if you need to. " Savasana is our meditation pose for the class and it is wonderful to go within yourself and actually spend time with no one but yourself. I did the stretches with the class but it was the extra time we spent in Savasana Wednesday that was amazing. I worked really hard to stay present through my stomach churning with unabated rage at life and my limbs alternately sweating and chilling with my fever. Obviously maintaining the meditation was difficult, looking back I shouldn't have gone to class but I am glad I did if for nothing but the extra meditation time. I keep myself pretty good company. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment