Thursday, April 16, 2009

Honestly

I love blogging. It opens the mind to be free from typical human interaction. It is a rare thing to find two people in the world who can openly and 100% honestly communicate with one another. Becoming completely honest with someone in person is terrifying because there isn’t that layer of bullshit to support and pad opinions. It is becoming mentally naked and free. You never know how much that toasty layer of bullshit encumbers the process of thought. You are exposed on the rooftop of a skyscraper open to all of the incessant and painful pecking of the world, but you are also opening yourself to a whole new concept of communication. Usually it takes years of being in a relationship, or a plethora of medication to reach truthfulness when you are facing a person. No matter what people may say, no one is being honest with you. I have been in a relationship for almost 5 years and I know that there are still “unsaid feelings” and white lies. Watching couples come to my store I can see the love with resentment and tension that exists in every relationship. I want to try this whole becoming purely honest thing, but I know that the moment I do there will be fiery retribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment