Monday, September 27, 2010

Freedom

Today yoga was all about pushing myself to the next level. I had to pull myself back from negative thinking several times especially while trying Half Moon pose. Wow did it hurt! Stretching like that, trying to maintain my balance and breathing steadily was hard enough. I caught myself several times thinking negatively and every time I fell over. I didn't topple to my doom but I barely caught myself several times! Gotta be a Positive Polly!!
The instructor said something today that I really liked a lot and it seemed to help. She said to find the freedom in your body. I took that to mean to find the happy place between what you can and cannot do. Also, to be content with the freedom that you find in your mind and the power you find in your body each day and in each breath.
On a related note, I can finally touch my toes again!!!! I haven't been able to do that since I was 13 or younger! I almost yelled I was so excited! Stephanie, the instructor, looked at me smiling and grabbing my toes in glee, like a baby who just discovered them and asked me what I was so excited about. I told her about my accomplishment and she cheered with me. I know it is a small thing, but it is a small bit of happy proof that all of the hard work is paying off. GO ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment